Gold Fines Decomposed Granite
What is Decomposed Granite?
Decomposed Granite is like gravel, but finer and more stable. It is formed from the natural weathering and erosion of solid granite, a tough, hard, igneous rock.
- It is the pretty little path through the local recreation field that never gets muddy!
- The soft, natural-looking gravel driveway, where the gravel stays put.
- The mulch at the base of trees that keeps the ground weed-free.
While Decomposed Granite is most commonly used for paths, driveways, garden trails and as a xeriscape ground cover, it can also be used to create smooth visual transitions between formal garden.
How would you like to simplify your gardening maintenance and cut back on water usage? There are many advantages to decomposed granite. Why? Decomposed Granite is the ideal hardscape material because it is:
- Aesthetically versatile
- Wonderfully inexpensive
- Reflects light and heat
- Great for dog runs
Decomposed Granite is also an organic landscape materials and will not wash away any synthetic materials or chemicals into the soil when it rains.
Easy Steps for Pathways
- Prepare site (base should be firm and compact).
- Layout product to desired depth.
- Saturate with water thoroughly.
- Compact by square hand tamper orwater filled roller.
- Allow finish product to dry thoroughly (3 to 5 days).
In addition to Gold Fines Decomposed Granite, we also have a wide selection of granite products available including:
- Gold Baserock
- Gold Granite Rock
- Granite Gold Wall Rock
- Granite Boulders
- Topsoil Products
Where to Buy
Find a Retailer
Current retailers, coming soon.